apartment tour: our kitchen

Welcome to our tiny kitchen.  It is literally about 2-3 foot wide to about 7-8 foot long.  We can stand side by side, but passing each other to get back and forth is not easy.



It didn't take long for me to begin to despise what I once appreciated . . . kitchen counter space!!! 

At first I was SO happy with the counter top space.  Very quickly I began to complain again that they were too small.



If you are standing at the door way to the kitchen, this is what you will see:
Standing at Kitchen Doorway




Stepping past the new fridge, you'll see the sink with the dish dryer over it.  Of course if you want see exactly this view, you're going to have to step outside onto our porch. 
Kitchen Sink and Dish dryer




Turning around to the left, you'll see this on the right:
My Kitchen Counters




and this on the left.  It is our "pantry."  And, yes, it is all
totally open--no pantries are needed when you shop fresh at the market
daily (which I don't, so hence the need for a pantry).
Our "Pantry"




At the end of the kitchen, if you turn around, you'll see this.
Standing at end of kitchen





Right behind our sink are double glass doors leading to our laundry porch.
Porch is right behind kitchen sink   Laundry Porch is right behind kitchen sink




And if you come back to the kitchen doorway and look the other way, you'll see where we eat. That's our bedroom door in the background.
Standing at Kitchen doorway looking at our bedroom door




This photo taken from our bedroom doorway shows the kitchen/dinning room table and cabinet where we store all the dry baking goods and Lawrance's snacks as well as keep our rice cooker, little oven, and cookbooks.
Dinning Area

There are some random facts about our kitchen here.   And, if there's anything else you wanna know, just ask. :)


Up tomorrow is a look at our master bedroom.  See you then!



2 comments:

  1. So jealous of your cabinets! It's funny how we have to think of creative ways to store things here. We also have an open pantry sort of thing, and we also have to store kitchen and food-related things in places other than the kitchen. I see you're able to keep your cereal in your pantry. After I open the cereal I have to keep it in the refrigerator (I store things in the refrigerator here that I never would in the U.S.) or else it gets stale and moldy. Is Tainan less humid than Taipei? Anyway, your kitchen in so cute! Love all the hangy things you utilize to keep your cooking tools accessible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use clippies (that I got at Ikea) on the cereal bags inside the boxes to
    keep them air tight. Maybe that helps. Also, cereal doesn't last long
    around here. We like to eat it for a late night snack too.
    I know it rains more in Taipei, so maybe it is more humid. But it is still
    very humid down here too.
    I totally understand what you mean about keeping stuff in the fridge. Me
    too. I store oreos in the freezer. At first it was to keep them from
    getting soggy and ant-free, now it is because I love them frozen. :)
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...