a wonderful wedding gift

We got some amazingly creative wedding gifts that I will share details of with you a bit later.  Today, I just wanna celebrate our biggest gift of all. . . . a new fridge!! :)

Many friends and family (on both sides of the ocean) graciously gave us cash as a wedding gift.  It is the traditional wedding gift in Taiwan, but not so in America.  However, we are very thankful for all our American friends and family understanding that many traditional wedding gifts from a registry in America would have been quite impractical. (Nevertheless we did register for a few items for our home, and I know my mom and sister would love to see what they look like in place, so I'll do that a bit later too.)

Boy, I am gabby today!! :)  Guess I must be excited. ;)

So . . . now . . . . for the grand revealing . . . .our beautiful new fridge that arrived yesterday: 
Yay!! New Fridge in place!!
Although it fits perfectly in the "fridge spot," from this photo it seems to dwarf our entire kitchen! :) 

The fridge part is on top (which I LOVE).  I love being able to stare directly into the fridge part.  Before we had a freezer top fridge, so I had to lean over and down to look into it.

Then below the two door fridge, there are two sections that pull out.  The middle section is for fresh fruit and veggies (a huge crisper, I guess).  And the bottom is the freezer.

So, instead of shelves, it is kinda like a top loading deep freeze--just pile and stack.  I really like it.

Here are some shots I took last night of the inside of our new fridge--this might be the only time I ever show you the inside . . . so make sure you take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity. ;)  (Clicking the photos will take you to their flickr page.)

 

middle, crisper 
bottom, freezer
   fave feature of new fridge   
A look inside the fridge
   fridge door   
new fridge door
   

____
And, here are a few photos taken before new fridge's arrival:
bye bye little blackwhere the fridge will goLaw getting space ready   
byebye magnet

___
And, here is how the little black fridge became black . . .
painting the fridge (2004)

This fridge was nearly 20 years old.  It was given to me when I first moved to Taiwan.  Some missionaries on the island were leaving to go back to the States and were giving it away. 

Some other missionaries that knew I was coming took it and kept it for a few months, then when I arrived they gave it to me. 

I love the way the missionaries I've met here take care of one another and bless each other by sharing not only material stuff but of their time and care too.  God is good.

We loved little black, but he was not working quite as hard as he once
was. Sometimes he would forget to work at all, and at other times he
would work so hard EVERYthing--even the eggs in the fridge door--would
be frozen! 

He did quit working all together back in 2006, but then he came back on.  I know it sounds weird or insanely selfish to some that God would care about insignificant me and my stupid old fridge, but I honestly believe that God caused it to work again.  He cared for the widow and her son by causing her oil to run over; he cared for me by allowing a broken machine to keep running for three more years.  He is a God who cares about us and meets our physical needs.  What a great God we serve!!



4 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish I had a special drawer just for fruits and veggies. We have the top fridge/bottom freezer fridge, but no middle drawer. Enjoy having a reliable refrigerator!
    Cindy
    http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thanks Cindy! I am totally in love with that middle drawer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I know it sounds weird or insanely selfish to some that God would care about insignificant me and my stupid old fridge, but I honestly believe that God caused it to work again."
    Not at all! He knows when a sparrow falls to the ground. Of course he cares when his royal daughter's refrigerator is broken.
    The new one is amazing! You know I'm coveting right now. :-) Actually, my 'fridge is pretty big too. But not as fancy as yours. ENJOY! I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...