who gives this woman?

IMGP4246.JPG

Since my dad walked me down the aisle and also officiated our wedding, we had Jerry--a neighbor and close friend for a long time--to open the wedding with prayer and then wait with Lawrance at the front. 

He also asked the question, "who gives this woman to this man?"

Before my dad answered, Jerry moved out of the way, and my dad took his place in front.

He then spoke very personal words as he "gave me away."  When he was done, I had to ask for a tissue--I'm so glad that Sarah had one.   . . . and that wasn't the last of the tears either.  A few more would come later.

I LOVE this photo taken while my dad was "giving me away."  The smiles on both his and Lawrance's faces are awesome!!!

2864510910_daa7336c1c



1 comment:

  1. We didn't have that question at my wedding. It must be a wonderful feeling foe a father to 'give his daughter away' to a good man who loves the Lord

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...