a private moment together before the wedding

We wanted to see each other before the wedding . . . so we did. :)

After getting ready, we had a few moments alone.  Then our photographer (my oldest, as in longest known, friend) came in and took some shots of us enjoying those first few moments as bride and groom--our last few moments before becoming husband and wife.

I LOVE this photo; she caught his expression beautifully!!!

seeing each other before the ceremony!


I also decided--a few days before the wedding--I didn't want the veil to cover my face.  I needed to read my vows and do some other things during the ceremony, and to me it was just in the way.  So, I was just going to wear the veil in my hair.  But, then when all was said and done, (like after it was in my hair and I was putting on the dress), it bugged the heck out of me.  Too puffy and now it no longer served a purpose, so it seemed pointless to me.  Wearing a veil didn't make me more or less a bride.  So, I wanted to remove it all together.

I knew this part of the wedding was important to Lawrance--the lifting of the veil.  So we talked about, and he suggested we do the veil lifting privately on our own before the ceremony.  So, we got a few veil shots before the ceremony.  And, I am SO glad that we did . . . some of them turned out really cute!!

kissing under the veil

kissing under the veil


There is one more thing I have to tell you about the veil-lifting.  In Taiwan, men roll the bride's veil up and over, so it is a slow ceremonious event.  So, that is what he did.

rolling the veil


But . . . after he was done rolling . . . still not kissing on the lips.  We've waited this long we could wait another half hour. ;)

kiss me

Here we have it step by step.  It was so fun!!  I'm glad we did this . . . and I liked very much that it was just between the two of us.

Rolling the Veil


We're ready . . . come on guests hurry up!  We wanna get married!!! :D

bride and groom

Seeing each other before the wedding was a great decision.  It wasn't part of Lawrance's culture to wait to see the bride.  In Taiwan, the groom goes and gets his bride and brings her to the celebration--lots of cars, noise, and fireworks in procession (in modern times at least).  And, we'd already seen each other all that morning and early afternoon . . . so why not? 

It was a very special moment and perhaps my favorite of the day--ok, one of the top highlights of the day.  It also made my walk down the aisle much less nerve-wrecking.  We were able to fully enjoy the ceremony and the meaning of it all rather than be so caught up in seeing each other for the first time after getting ready--which is so absolutely wonderful in and of itself.

I would highly recommend it to others!!!  It is a decision I am VERY happy with!

On the other hand . . . sometimes looking back at some photos I regret that I made the
decision to not wear the veil so quickly; I love photos of brides wearing veils.  I love the photos we have of me wearing a veil.  So, I
console myself by thinking I can make sure to wear a veil at the
Taiwanese celebration.  So, it's all good.  If I didn't have that bit
of consolation, I'd choose to be pleased that I did at that moment what
seemed best.  HOWEVER, I still reserve the right to decide at the last minute I don't wanna wear it again. ;)



6 comments:

  1. That slow veil-lifting ceremony seems so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet moments together as bride and groom. I remember Stephen's face when he saw me. I wanted to capture that moment on film. It didn't happen :(
    You are a beautiful bride, Amanda. . . and a beautiful person!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Leslie... the slow rolling of the bride's veil does sound *really* romantic! How soon until the Taiwanese wedding? I'm *really* interested in hearing about the plans for this.
    Kevin and I had a private moment when we saw eachother for the first time right before our wedding, as well. I'm so glad that we did it that way. I'm a big red-eyed snotty-nosed cryer, and wouldn't have wanted to walk down the isle with my dad while boohooing all over the place.
    I love the veil photos... you guys look so sweet together. The photographs capture the love in your eyes on that special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs Wu!
    I adore that first picture - Lawrance's expression is just great. And the slow-rolling of the veil is so romantic; I love romance, and I grinned like a loon while looking at these photos.
    Your friend did a wonderful job as your photographer - the photos are all wonderful quality, but very personal as well. If you know what I mean :)
    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are phenomenal pics. I love hearing about how y'all mixed both cultures into the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brian and i saw each other before the wedding too! i am so glad we did it too... it did relieve so much nervousness. i walked down the aisle for the first time just the two of us, and we were able to talk for a few minutes, then we did all the pictures before hand. love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...