paper umbrellas

Angeline and Vanessa

The city I first lived in when I moved to Taiwan is famous for its handmade paper umbrellas.  Above is a picture of some of my students being silly with one of the paper umbrellas I have in my home. I love the expressions on their faces!! :)

Five years ago, when I was living in Meinong, one of the ladies at the souvenir store near my home showed us (I was with one of our short term teams) how they made paper umberllas.  So, below is a slide show of the pictures I took of her demo.  You can also see all the photos with descriptions of what she is doing on the flickr set page.



1 comment:

  1. Joe, Jane, Jia and WillaApril 27, 2008 at 9:37 AM

    Thanks for posting!
    What beautiful photos! What a process!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...