Myths Single Women Believe

1480_largeSuzanne Hadley, one of the regular Boundless authors, wrote an article recently debunking seven of the myths single women often find themselves believing.



Here are the 7 myths:

1. God will give me a husband when I'm ready.
2. God views me more as a useful tool than a beloved child.
3. When it's the right guy, I'll just know.
4. When I get married, then my life will begin.
5. Marriage will/will not meet my deepest needs.
6. There must be something wrong with me. If I could just figure
out what it is, I could fix it and guys would start showing interest.
7. The older I get, the less likely it is that I will find someone.

In the past decade (aka "my twenties"), I have believed or at least pondered all of these at some point.  The ones that I have had to fight with the most in the past year are numbers 1, 2, 6 and 7.



If you are single and find yourself believing any of these, I highly recommend checking out Suzanne's article.  If you are married but have friends in that "extended period of singleness" I also highly recommend you checking out her article so that you can help debunk the myths you find your single friends believing.



 



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...