They are HERE!!!

My cousins.  My cousins are HERE . . . in TAIWAN . . . with me right now!!



Well, ok, they are sleeping in my guest room.  "Operation Stay Awake" worked well!!



Wel, ok, there was one small glitch, they both crashed on our last train of the day.  But that's ok it was only a 10 minute ride.



long day



They got here at 6:30 this morning, and then we (plus Ellen) were off for a breakfast of fried dumplings and new zany drinks (i.e starfruit juice with sour plum, banana milk, and passion fruit green tea). 



Then, we did a VERY Taiwanese thing--we got our hair washed.  When you get your hair washed in Taiwan, they bring the water to your head in a little bottle and shampoo is in their hands.  Tiffany and Rebecca (my cousins) didn't see the shampoo in the hand and thought that their water bottles were filled with "magic shampoo" that didn't need water to work. :)



Getting our hair washed



Oh, yeah, and I walked out that salon with straight hair.  I don't have a pic of it on my camera though--so you'll have to wait.  Let me just tell you straight hair is LOT more WORK than curly hair.



We then went for tour of Ellen's school and then had a great family-style Chinese lunch.  YUMMY!!



food . . yummy yummy food



Then after a not-so-quick trip to the bank, we rode the high speed rail back to Kaohsiung.



just off the high speed rail



Then in the evening we went to an Bible Study in English--tonight was all about learning who Jesus is based on reading Scriptures about what he did while on Earth.  Let me just tell you there is nothing sweeter than watching people fall in love Jesus, proclaiming he is good, realizing he has power over the spirits.  Sweet.  Just sweet I tell ya.



It's been a LONG day . . . and tomorrow begins early too.  We are going to the east coast to help out with the end of a week long summer camp.  So . . . off to bed I go.



Did I mention that I am just SO EXCITED that my cousins are here?!?!?!



8 comments:

  1. What fun! I would definitely enjoy the hair washing - makes me want to buy a ticket to Taiwan right now! Can't wait to see the pix of your strait hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they made it there safely. Know you will show them a wonderful time and help them to experience Taiwan in a way no tourist could by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it for someone else to wash my hair!!! It is always so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have curly hair too, but straighten it almost every day! (unless it's humid, then it's a lost cause)
    We almost got a maltese (sp?) poo, but this one was more in our dollar range. She is a bichon/poo and she's alot of fun. she's still a baby, so it's a lot of work. I love your pics of Gilby on here!
    Thanks for coming by today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad they arrived safely and you are already having fun with them! It's cute to see your reflection in the train picture taking a picture of them. It must be fun to experience all these "normal' activities through their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for you that you have family in town. You're going to have a great time showing them around. Enjoy their visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting pics. Hope you all are having a wonderful time. Tell Rebecca the tiny cars in your pics are the ones we saw on the road that day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vote for Amanda daily
    http://www.benspark.com/xshotvote.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...