Happy Belated Dragon Boat Festival!! (端午節)

Dragon Boat Races 2006



Yesterday was the Dragon Boat Festival.  So, it was a public holiday for us here in Taiwan!  Yea!!



Sam took the above photo last year when he and I went to watch the races on Love River in Kaohsiung City.  Sam also took some awesome video of the races, but I can't find it right now.  If I do locate it, I will upload and share.



In addition to racing dragon boats, people enjoy eating "jong tz" or "sticky rice dumplings" . . . neither phrase tells you what these things are, right? :)



Basically "jong tz" are triangles of sticky rice stuffed with meat and mushrooms and then wrapped in bamboo leaves.



DSC01902



Here is a mosaic I made using one of my student's photos that she took of her mother making "jong tz."  [Thanks for sharing, Larina. ;)]



Can you identify all the items below that are put inside the "sticky rice dumplings"?


Jong Tz



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...