God's free mercy

Mercy_in_chinese"The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made" (Psalm 145:9).

It is God's free mercy which every day keeps hell and my soul asunder.




It is God's free mercy which daily pardons my sins.




It is God's free mercy which supplies all my inward and outward needs.




It is God's free mercy which preserves, and feeds, and clothes my outward man.




It is God's free mercy which renews, strengthens, and prospers my inward man.




It is God's free mercy which has kept me many times from committing such and such sins.




It is God's free mercy which has kept me many a time from falling before such and such temptations.




It is God's free mercy which has many a time preserved me from being swallowed up by such and such inward and outward afflictions.



(Thomas Brooks, 1669,
"A Cabinet of Choice Jewels. Public Domain as seen on Grace Gems.)















"Great is your mercy, O Lord" (Psalm 119:156).  Oh, let us rejoice that we have such a merciful God!!  "I will sing of the tender mercies of the Lord forever!" (Psalm 89:1).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...