requesting reccomendations

I made the photo collage below back in 2003 on some photo software my dad had. 



I want to make a new version with pics from the last four years added to the set. I also would like to have a program to do more (in general) with my pictures--for instance, I am also interested in doing some digital scrapbooking. 



I like picnik.com (free to use, is online, and interacts with flickr) and have used picasa (free to download, interacts with blogger but not flickr).  But, I want more than just making a picture lighter, darker, controlling red eye, cropping it, and so on. 



I'd like some reccomendations on what software I should check out for manipulating photos.



What software do you use?  And, what do you think about it?



Please help.  Thanks in advance.




Amanda in Asia



By the way, I can't look at the collage above with out my heart swelling with thankfulness for all God has done in my life to change and shape who I am.  How I long to glorify Him in all I do!!!!  He is such a wonderful, marvelous God!! 



How very undeserving I am!  I am eternally grateful.



5 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda -
    I am a digital scrapbooker -and I really like Adobe Photoshop - it is a great program.
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use photoshop and love it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda..
    I use Photoshop....it is a great program and has everything you would need to do what you want. Photoshop Elements is around $100.00; Photoshop CS 2 {3 is coming out the end of this month} is a full blown program for a lot more money.
    Have fun.....BTW you can do a search for a free Photoshop trial download to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as a graphic designer, I naturally use Photoshop and I love it. I am also pretty familiar with Macromedia Fireworks, which is less powerful than Photoshop but still does all the basic stuff. It's also $350 cheaper. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I was thinking about it further, and I remembered that there is a freeware program called GIMP (www.gimp.org) which is similar to Photoshop. I've never used it, but I know people who do, and they love it. You might want to check it out before spending money on something else!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...