finally joining the blog party

Ubpbanner_2




I am finally joining the party . . . better late than never, right?



At first, I wasn't going to join in the party because well . . . I'm not a mom.  But Susan and Janice did say that everyone was invited AND yall looked like yall (can you tell I'm from Texas?) were having just way too much fun to be left out any longer.




Me and Gilby





Of course, Gilby, my little, white, Maltese ball of cuddely cuteness, says hi!  He just loves company!!



So, let's see what can I offer you?  How about some seaweed chips, a century year old egg, or a bit of my favorite pumpkin hotpot



To drink, I can offer you some traditional Chinese tea or a great green tea pudding drink.  If you have a sweet tooth, I've got either green tea cheese cake or some taro ice cream for you.



So, in case you can't tell by my party foods, let me just inform you that I don't reside in America.  I live in Taiwan, a little tropical island off the coast of China and home to over 23 million people.  And, yes, since you asked, I do speak Chinese--started studying it nearly 10 years ago! If you wanna know why I live in Taiwan, you can read this.



Probably the fastest way to get to know me better is by looking at what I did in 2005 or 2006 (12 pictures for each year, one per month).  Or, if you wanna look out my windows, you can; I don't mind--really.



Oh, and before you head over to some other blogs to party on (over 640 something to choose from as of right now--WOW!!), sunset at the beachlet me invite you to particiapte in the Carnival of Beauty . . . find out how here.  We'd love to have you join us.



Thanks for stopping by!  Feel free to dip your toes into the ocean if you want to before you leave--especially if you are in a "wintery place." :) 



"Yall come back now."



22 comments:

  1. Hey you crazy "M", you! We found each other! :) Can I link you? Please? :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to meet you! And since I call myself my dog's mommy, so can you :D
    I think there was supposed to be a link to the Carnival of Beauty? At the HERE part? I'm curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy! Please do. I've already added you to my sidebar and bloglines!!
    Thanks for the heads-up about the link to the Carnival of Beauty, Angela. I've fixed it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blog party! You are going to have a lot of fun. I have seen some great blogs on this list and the women are warm and funny. Enjoy! Drop by my slumberparty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome !!!
    Taiwan... HOW COOL ! I would love to learn chinese.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to be part of the blog party and I'm Peppylady and l live in North Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. opps I met party instead of part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just dropping by for the party! Great looking place you got here! Hope you will stop by mine when you get a chance!
    Take care and happy party blogging this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found you on the Blog Party site. Great blog! :-) I've had fun reading about your life in Taiwan. God bless, Becs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by your party for some fun. Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello
    You know me anyway, but hey.....any excuse to say 'hi'. There are sooooo many blogs to visit. I wonder if anyone will go to them all?!
    Updating my carnival info now....thank you so much for taking over :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there! I love your accent and the info you've shared for the party. Your pix remind me a little of the Philippines; I haven't been back in so long. I'm looking forward to finding out a bit more about you but first, could I have extra helpings of the cheesecake and taro ice cream??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the blog party and thanks for having us! Your blog is very educational! My 14 year old is studying China right now, so I might him come by just to get a taste of the Orient via your blog!
    Party on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! It's good to 'read' you again Amanda. I had lost some of my old haunts and am collecting them again! I've added you to my bloglines now so I'll be here more often. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you live in Taiwan and I love that it was God's choice not your's. Isn't God good? He knows us so much better than we know ourselves.
    I stopped by for the party and I wish I could dip my toes in the ocean. Winter is not leaving fast enough in my opinion.
    Come over and visit when you have the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Amanda, nice knowing you! I'm a big fan of green tea!!! Thanks for sharing and have fun partying!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am stopping by for the party - and I'll definitely be back when all this partying is over. :) I love the picture of the water. Stop by if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Swinging in for the party. Nice to meet ya.
    My 3rd party favor give away has begun. If ya get a chance come on over.
    PARTY ON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, if I can, you can. :) I never even thought about the "mom thing" till I typed "5 Minutes for Mom" as the hostess...lol...by then it was w-a-y too late after all the work I'd put in. But glad to see you've joined! Thanks for the invite for the Carnival of Beauty. I'll think on it! This party thing was my first big thing...getting more adventurous maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Neat blog! Fun Party!
    We went to Russia & China last year. I can understand your desire to want to be a missionary ;o)
    Best wishes, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Amanda,
    I'm here from Sallie's post about the changing of the guard for the Carnival of Beauty. (I've participated a few times and love the Carnival.) I'm glad you joined the party. I'm partying at my place, too, and would love to see you stop by. I hope you enjoy sponsoring the COB and enjoy the party, too. Oh, yeah! I'm a born-and-bred Texan, too! Yea for Texas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi just trying to make my rounds around this whole party gig. Lots of fun meeting people. Ps. Love your Dads message.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...