empty

an empty Taiwanese classroom



Empty classroom



Empty classrooms in Taiwan.



The photo above was taken at a junior high school during a break time.



The photo to the left was taken at the college where I teach at the end of the day.  You can see the setting sun coming in through the back door.



There is always something thrilling about being in a classroom--whether empty or full.  Sometimes I like being in an empty classroom--it gives me time to pray for my students and envision all the possibilites.  But, I prefer when the room is full of students rather than empty--it is much more "alive."



Photo Scavenger Hunt



Theme: Empty | Become a Photo Hunter | View Blogroll



May I suggest you visit my bloggy friend ejia's hunt?  I love the way she always quotes Scripture in her photo hunts.



4 comments:

  1. I guess classrooms are pretty much the same, wheter in Taiwan or Finland :) Anyway, I'm glad I don't need to spend time in them anymore...
    Thanks for the ad... made me blush! Good thing I posted after all! At first I thought of opting out - then I thought I'll just post the photo, but ended up adding the scripture too! Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fascinating how classrooms in all cultures anywhere in the world look alike? Thank you for sharing. Classrooms are powerful places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Its been a long time since I was in a classroom. It sounds like you have a very rewarding job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the theme. My mom taught school and I always loved sitting in her empty classrooms. It's so peaceful...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...