what it was

Two weeks ago, I get a call from a delivery guy.  He is downstairs
with a package for me.  I go down to get it, and he tells me it needs
to be refridgerated.  Hmm, what could it be?



Inside was green tea cheese cake with bits of taro.  My best friend
who lives in north Taiwan overnighted it special delivery via 7-11 to
me!  Pretty special, huh?  (I bet you didn't even know that in some contries 7-11 can be your delievery service, right? Yeah, me neither till two weeks ago!)



DSC09117



The cake was incredibly rich--I had trouble finishing one piece because of how rich it was.  Ellen knows that I just love green tea flavored treats, so when she saw this, she thought I should be given a chance to try it out. 




DSC09125



What is just as cool is the beautiful box in came in.






So, that is what it was



Yall came up with some really funny and  some really clever ideas. Too bad I don't have some kind of cute graphic to give you as an award for making me laugh and all.



It turns out the first person to guess was actually the closest, but she is Taiwanese, so maybe she had an unfair advantage! ;)  Too bad I don't have a cute graphic for her either.

And, too bad I don't have one for Ellen for being an awesome, gift-giving friend!  Thanks girl!  You're the best!



4 comments:

  1. Ooooo, yuck! Honestly, that has to be the yuckiest cheesecake I've ever seen. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I didn't guess when you had the first picture posted because I had absolutely no idea! Never would I have guessed it was something to eat! I think I would be willing to taste it, but it doesn't look like a delicacy to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe... even with this picture I wouldn't have known what it is. Would have said it's a bich chunk of liver paté! It looks too healthy to be decent cheese cake - I mean they're supposed to be yummy and UNHEALTHY LOOKING *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, it all makes sense now! Sounds nice actually.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...