my "front porch"

As you probably know, in Asia people take off their shoes when they enter a home.  Sometimes shoes are taken off for entering classrooms or resturants or other places too. 



When my students come to visit me, they take off their shoes and line them up on the stairs outside my front door.



outside my front door



I took these pictures as some students were leaving my home after a Christmas party a few weeks ago.  Some of the students (and thus their shoes) had already left (were gone) before I thought to capture it on film.  When they were all there, the stairs were full and about half were Converse.



Here are shots of my students putting on their shoes right in front of my front door. :)




Rita putting on her shoes Sarah putting on her shoes



This post is the start of another random series showing you some of the "corners of my home."  I will show you were I keep my shoes in my next "corners of my home" post.  (I also need to remember to take pictures of where I park for that other random series I have going.)



Happy Tuesday!
sig tag



2 comments:

  1. How very interesting. This is a perfect example of something that is just every day normal for you to experience but so different for us here. Thanks for posting your front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an image I already miss! My entrance way would be FILLED with shoes every time we had a class or friends over. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...