i am so proud!!

Each year, all the graduating students in the Applied English Department must do a "graduation project" or 畢業專題.  It is kinda like a "senior thesis," but they work on it in groups. 



In order to "pass," they must give an oral presentation and then defend their project in front of a panel of three judges (teachers from the department). 



Here is my first group to finish their oral exam for their graduation project.



Madagascar Group


These guys had a REALLY interesting topic.  They looked at how culturally specific items in an animated movie (can you guess which one??) were translated into Taiwanese Mandarin and Cantonese.  Very intersting stuff if you ask me!!  I loved the topic!!  I think I even learned a lot too!





Here is my second graduation project group to finish their oral test:



A Walk to Remember Group Photos


They too did an EXCELLENT job--both with the written project and the oral presentation.  They compared the novel, A Walk to Remember, with the movie based on the book. I might not have learned new stuff with this group, BUT I loved enteracting with them and watching them grow and learn as they discussed this novel and movie in a "scholarly" way.



 



And, just let me brag for a minute, both of my groups did their entire
project AND their entire presentation in
English!!  (Most groups research something about English translation or teaching but write and present in Chinese.) What this means is that . . .like my groups every year . . . they
did a LOT of work!!  They have every right to be very proud of
themselves.



Wanna see part of their presentation?  You can!!   Their conclusion is below--enjoy!!

MORE pics from their oral exams can be found on my flickr.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...