a year ago today

gilby at 10-11 weeks



After I published my post about Gilby the other day, I realized that he had been in my home for about a year now.  In fact, he entered my home on Friday, September 23, 2005. 



A bit of triva for you: I was reading a "how to name your dog" webpage when I saw the idea to use "house names" to generate names for a pet.  I clicked on a page that listed names for houses in Australia and saw the name "Gilby"--so it got added to my "possible puppy name" list. 



Moreover, Gilby was nameless for about a week.  I had a poll online so my family and friends in America and students here in Taiwan could vote and help me name my puppy.  Other names in the poll included Kody, Timmy, Theo, Quincy, Bailey, Howie, Frankie, Jake, and Buddy.  I actually casted my online vote for Quincy, but in the end agree that Gilby suited my pup much better. 



Anyway, I thought I'd share photos of him from that very first day with me.  He was SO tiny!!  Looking at these photos makes me really, really want another one! :)



Isn't he just the cutest?



gilby and me gilby fits in my hand



~Saturday side note: Skipping the photo hunt this week, because I'm not really into photographing eyes. Will join back in next week for "comfy."~



1 comment:

  1. well this cute photo could have almost counted. hehe. He's so adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...