top ten and a red scarf

I've had VOM's Persecution Blog in my bloglines for a few weeks.  Sometimes, I honestly don't wanna read the posts there because they make me sick to my stomach.  They make me mad.  They make me sad.  But, they always without fail drive me to my knees before my Father's throne.



On Tuesday, one of the VOM bloggers posted a story from Extreme Devotion about a red scarf . . . only read it if you want to cry. 



On Wednesday, another of the VOM bloggers posted a top ten list:

As Christians in a culture where entertainment is given more media
coverage than the treatment of our fellow believers, it is no wonder
that most of us are probably more geared to recite the top ten college
football teams or box office hits than the top ten persecutors. Below
is a list of the ten worst offenders in the world, according to Open
Doors International:



  1. North Korea


  2. Saudi Arabia


  3. Iran


  4. Somalia


  5. Maldives


  6. Bhutan


  7. Vietnam


  8. Yemen


  9. Laos


  10. China

It really is very hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that tens of thousands of my brothers and sisters in Christ are incarcerated, tortured, and malnourished for their faith in Jesus.  It is hard for me to comprehend that there are other's who are beheaded in today's day and age because they claim Christ is Lord.  I just can't fathom it.



(Extreme Devotion is one of the books I got while I was in the States this summer, and I can't just read one story a day--I must read several.  Yet, apparently, if you are interested in reading these stories of believers throughout the ages who sacrificed
everything for Christ
, VOM will send them right to your email's inbox if you just enroll.)




1 comment:

  1. I have that book too. It is good...and eye-opening. Amazing what some people go through....I had already read the red scarf devotion. It truly was one of the saddest things I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...