an interesting drink

Upon returning to Taiwan, I went to dinner with some of my former students. 



I had the most wonderful pumpkin "火鍋" (aka: "hot pot"--a kind of boil and eat and boil and eat some more dish).  The base of the soup can come in many flavors.  And, by far, my favorite is pumpkin--which is not common.



me drinking the green milk tea with pudding drink



At this same resturant, we had drinks.  Now, if you are not familar with Taiwan, you don't know that Taiwan has a HUGE selection of GREAT drinks of all sorts and kinds.  I think I could possibly try a new drink each day of the year and still not exhaust the drink menu of just one drink shop!  There really is that much variety! 



Anywho, I had a green milk tea with a green tea jello-ish pudding.  Yes, you actually use a giant straw to slurp the green tea jello-ish pudding into your mouth.



It may look gross, but let me tell you this drink has now made my list of top ten Taiwanese drinks!!!  It was so wonderful, I guess they must serve this drink in heaven. ;)



Take a look inside my glass at this wondeful drink:



green milk tea drink



I know, I know, it looks gross.  But, really, trust me, it is GREAT!!!



8 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness!! I don't think I could make myself do it! I'll have to take your word for it. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. I'm not brave with really new foods. New foods that are actually old ones with a new twist are okay....
    You are a brave one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard something described as a "jello-ish pudding." You're right it does sound yuck. And the picture confirms my suspicions! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds feral. :) Therefore, I'll have to take your word for it! If I'm ever in Taiwan (not very likely), I may try one. It probably *doesn't* take too bad! :) It looks like, um, pureed frogs...*wince* Sorry! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yall make me smile (pureed frogs!!! ha!). Thanks for taking the time to comment on my delicious drink!!
    My students made fun of me taking pictures of it. One of them even said, "I know what you are going to say on your blog." I said "what?" She said, "that is looks gross, but tastes good."
    She was right!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh, i don't need any convincing that Taiwan has an amazing amount of different drinks that taste good, i'm convinced!
    have you tried the black grassjelly? i tried sharing my drink with my roommates in college and they took one sip and looked like they were going to throw up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I donn's think I tried green milk tea with a green tea jello-ish pudding before. That sounds very yummy. I wish I could have some too .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tasted something similar when my daughter took me to a favorite spot in Chinatown, San Franciso. Only the gelatin was made into round balls.
    I wasn't too keen on this drink.
    Thanks for sharing your life. IT has been great seeing how other people live.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...