my taiwanese mom

My best friend's mother, who I call my Taiwanese mother, passed away this afternoon.



She will be missed greatly.



My Taiwanese mother loved teasing me.  She had a wonderful toothy smile and could always make me laugh.  She welcomed me unconditionally when I first arrived here in 1999, and continued to make me feel like I truly was one of her daughters every time I entered her home.   Like her real daughters, I never moved fast enough for her though--I will forever hear her telling me "qui di-en"  ("come on," or literally, "go faster").  Many of my speical memories of life in Taiwan--my first day here, my
first Chinese New Year, my first Taiwanese wedding, my first all
seafood meal, my first Christmas away from family, crossing from 1999 to 2000, and most of my sight-seeing in this country--all involve her.  She holds a very special place in my heart.



She will be missed greatly.



Please continue to pray for her family as they prepare for her funeral on the 27th of this month.  May the God of comfort and peace be so real to them right now. 





Below is a picture of Lin MaMa, with her husband, her twin daughters, and me taken last year.



DSC03158



5 comments:

  1. Yes, we will be praying for this situation. Thanks for sharing the request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very sad. I really hate that spirit of sucide in Taiwan.
    Please pray for Taiwan too!! :''''(

    ReplyDelete
  3. my condolences go out to you and your Taiwanese family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. I know you'll miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((Oh Amanda))) I am so sorry. Of course I will pray.
    ((Many Hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...