standing amazed

Last night a friend re-introduced to me worship leader Dennis Jernigan (who has an awesome testimony).  So, I went through my own cd collection looking to see if I had one of his CDs. And I found three.  So, I put one in and started listening to it. 



Familiar songs of worship from my college years washed over me.  One in particular grab my attention because it is the same concept that Beth Moore touches on in the Living Beyond Yourself study I am doing.



Here are the beginning lyrics for the song "I Stand Amazed":



I see the stars that you have made
I know you call them each by name

To think father God in heaven displays

Is thinking of me in intimate ways
and
I stand amazed in all of Your glory

That You would die for me; I stand amazed,

I stand amazed in all of your glory,
True love's sweetest story; I stand amazed.



At the beginning of this week's study, she touches on the trinity of God.  Explaining through Scripture how each part of the Godhead works--that through the Father's will, the Son's Word, and the Spirit's way all of creation was formed.



Then she comments:

The same God who willed, spoke, and energized the universe into being directs all His care and distinctive direction to your precious life.  He continues to direct you through these same methods:  the Father wills, the Son speaks, the Father's will, to you through His Word, and the Holy Spirit supplies the power for you to obey.



Have you been feeling a little insignificant lately?  unimportant?  How's this for a change in perspective?  The entire Godhead is intimately involved in your daily life using the same power and glory with which He commanded creation into being.  He must find your rather significant! (pg. 31)

AMEN!!  and OH YES!!



First, it was such a blessing to hear her (and Dennis Jernigan) confirm the truth that the God of all creation is intimately involved in my daily life. 



Look at the birds. They don't need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than they are.



Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not. 



And why worry about your clothes? Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.



And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you? You have so little faith! (Matthew 5:26-30, New Living)

Second, the revelation of this pattern of Father willing, Son speaking, and Spirit empowering helped me to understand better how He has worked in my own life.  And, it has given me a better perspective to look for His future work in my life. 



Yea!!!




























































AddieHeather*Carol
MRachJeana
JennAmandaMamaB
GiBeeBoomamaMaria
BlairHeatherNancy
JannaFlipflop Robin
SherryPatriciaTara
LaurenHolyMama!Faith
ChristyEph2810Karin
LeannRachelJanice
  This is a list of the women participating in the study and the links to their blogs. New postings on the study will be published for ten weeks, between Friday 8pm - Saturday 8am. Please feel free to visit each of us and comment. Everyone is welcome to participate in this discussion as we seek to live beyond ourselves. May God bless you richly from the hearing of His word.

(And if you have never heard Dennis Jernigan's worship music, you are really missing out!!  He offers a free song each month on his site--but you do need to register first.  Best way would be just buy one of His CDs--you won't be dissappointed!!)



9 comments:

  1. I did lots of underlining in the section you quoted from p. 31. That really spoke to me, too. And thanks for the music recommendation...we will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the Matthew passage you quoted has become very dear to me over the past couple of weeks. I know that He cares about my needs as much as He does the needs of the birds and the flowers...I just have to remember that when I get stressed out.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I have been feeling insignificant these last couple of weeks. It was really neat reading your notes, reminding me of God's power in our lives.
    Your blog is very refreshing for me. I'm going to have to come back here more and check it out later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love when God shows you the same truth through various means and sources until you finally grab hold of it and "get" it? I just love Him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, Happy Birthday, Amanda! I hope you have a wonderful year ahead! Enjoy this time in your life -- you're having an amazing adventure you'll never forget. :)
    I have the bad habit of worrying about way too many things -- and these verses in Matthew remind me to live more like the birds of the air and flowers of the field. I know God provides for them the way He will for me -- yet my stubborn habits are hard to break.
    Very cool song lyrics there -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that passage in Matthew also.
    God is really something else isn't He! Really enjoyed your notes and sending you some ((HUGS)) and birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week God has been really reminding me of how he caers for my daily life. sometimes I feel guilty about praying for my little details - so it has been a blessing this last two weeks, and through what we have all been discussing in the emails, to remember that I can trust God with all of my life. Thanks!!
    I too loved Beth's teaching on the "pattern of Father willing, Son speaking, and Spirit empowering". I had neer heard it like that before.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and wonderful reminders especially that, "The entire Godhead is intimately involved in your daily life using the same power and glory with which He commanded creation into being." And thank you for all your beautiful prayers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, stand totally amazed that Christ, my King, would die for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...