life beyond myself

In the Living Beyond Yourself study that I am doing right now, the "meat" of Beth's message via the video this week was this:
The power of the Holy Spirit can develop in us heightened:



  1. Perception,


  2. Discernment, and


  3. Insight.


(She also pointed out that discernment is overwhelming a positive thing: to be able to discern what is best.)



Another thing she mentioned in the intro video and brought back up again at the beginning of this week is:



Through the power of the Holy Spirit we will

  1. do things we couldn't


  2. feel things we didn't


  3. know things we wouldn't

I am enjoying this study so much.  People around me hear me all the time starting out sentences with "In the LBY study I am doing, I learned . . . "  I am sorry that I don't have time this weekend to go into more detail into all of these. 



I had a short-term missionary with me this Thursday-Saturday.  We were able to prayerwalk my community and share the gospel with some of my students. [What a blessing!  Praise the Lord!!]  As we walked into temples while prayerwalking . . . we preceived the
spiritual warfare going on.  Until you have physically walked into a temple where idols are being worshipped you have no idea what this comes close to feeling like.  There is no way to describe it with mere words.



Then earlier today, one of the students I am close to became a believer in my living room! [Praise the Lord!!]  We (me and another missionary) shared again the plan of salvation and invited him to believe--and he did!!  As we shared with my student, the atmosphere in the room changed as we fought with spirits and principalities.  As we shared, it had to the Holy Spirit talking through us.  It could not have been us.



I am so thankful that I do not have to rely Amanda.   I am thankful that the Holy Spirit can move in me, that He can help me to do things I couldn't, feel things I didn't, and know things I wouldn't.  I am thankful that He gives me heightened preception, discernment, and insight.



I am so thankful to have this opportunity to have a bibical foundation and logical approach to understanding so many of the things I have felt, believed, and wondered about.  God's timing is perfect, and I am grateful.



Lord, move me.  Compel me.  When you say "move it" . . . I wanna move it!  I want to do things I couldn't, feel things I didn't, and know things I wouldn't.  Lord, I want to walk in your Spirit.  Please give me heightened perception, discernment, and insight.  Let me walk in the filling of your Spirit.  Please make Your presence known, not only in my life to me, but in my sister's lives, and in my new brother's life as well.  Fill us and move us. Take us over.  Let us resonate with you.  We truly are desperate to hear from you.  As Beth says, we are nuts over you.  You are the most exciting thing!!  Fill us.  Teach us.  Move us.  Oh yes!  Amen.




























































AddieHeather*Carol
MRachJeana
JennAmandaMamaB
GiBeeBoomamaMaria
BlairHeatherNancy
JannaFlipflop Robin
SherryPatriciaTara
LaurenHolyMama!Faith
ChristyEph2810Karin
LeannRachelJanice
  This is a list of the women participating in the study and the links to their blogs. New postings on the study will be published for ten weeks, between Friday 8pm - Saturday 8am. Please feel free to visit each of us and comment. Everyone is welcome to participate in this discussion as we seek to live beyond ourselves. May God bless you richly from the hearing of His word.


7 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Amanda! Sounds like you having been living beyond yourself these last few days, for sure. Your prayer at the end of your post is so encouraging to me...hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!! God's timing is definitely perfect! I am so impressed with how God is using you, Amanda! To God be the Glory, great things He has done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that example Beth used about "resonating" with the Holy Spirit. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I loved your prayer at the end , I want the Lord to do the same for me... move me, compel me, give me heightened perception, discernment, and insight. Thanks for your beautiful prayers. and so excited for another brother added to the the family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so very encouraged by this sharing from you even though i'm not doing this Beth Moore Bible study. thank you for sharing your prayer with us too. and PRAISE GOD for another name added to the Book of Life and a new brother in Christ, Hallelujah!!!
    "Take us over. Let us resonate with you." AMEN!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the new believer the person we've been praying specifically for? I'm so curious to know who!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! Fill us. Teach us. Move us.
    Praise God for his moving and leading in your life this week. Exciting what He is doing in your ministry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...