home sweet home

I got back to Austin at 11:00 pm . . . my mom, dad, and brother were all waiting for me at the airport!  :)



The trip was pretty uneventful except for the fact that when I got to LAX I was tired and not sure what flight I was on.  Since I bought my tickets last summer, the flight number (and time) had changed--but no one told me this; they only issued me a ticket with the new info on it.  By the time I had finished immigration and customs, the original flight was at take off time.  I was scared I was missing my flight to Austin.  I got to the AA line, and I couldn't even form a complete sentence in English.  I told the guy, "I . .. I'm . . . I am afraid . . .I am afraid that."  But, he was kind.  He said "You are afraid?  Why?" and then told me all that I needed to do.  It was different than the last time I flew LA to Austin, but easier!!  So that was good.



Anyway, I am safe and sound and at home.  It is 12:50 am here . . . but my body tells me it is early afternoon.  Ahh . . . jetlag.



ETA: oh and the stars!!!  How very much I miss stars when I am in Taiwan.  Not only are they "big and bright deep in the heart of Texas" . . . but well . . . there is more than one. :)  YEA stars!!



13 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are there safe and sound!! I thought of you during the day yesterday knowing that you were traveling. Glad prayers were answered. :)
    Interesting about the stars...maybe a special little reward God had for you on your return to U.S. I remember seeing some geese one day, and it was similar--a treat for me after going through some circumstances.
    Enjoy your time with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I didn't know you were from Austin. I'm going to be down there next week, Friday. Will you still be there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Home!!! I'm overjoyed to hear that you made it in safely....and there's nothing like family to welcome you after a long hard journey!! May you have an awesome time of celebration this week with your family as ya'll (just in case you haven't quite realized you're back in Texas) prepare for/participate in Sarah's wedding celebration!!! God Bless!
    ~jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're safe and sound with your family! Taiwan to Austin, whew, what a difference!
    LAX is a madhouse. We've moved our business to Burbank. A little pricier, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you made it home. I thought of you and prayed for you yesterday!
    Enjoy your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home Amanda :). I am so happy that you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how exciting! We have friends and family in Austin. I LOVE it there. I hope you have a great time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless America! and God bless Amanda who's now back in America! yay! =)
    have a wonderful time State-side!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you made it home safe and sound!
    Enjoy the stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your trip went ok!
    Thanks for the tips. I just discovered Chinese podcast a few weeks ago and I love it! I hadn't used the Yahoo dictionary before, but I think I will get a lot of use out of it! :) Hope your jetlag doesn't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, have a great time! So happy everything went well and you had a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I just noticed that you had left comments on my friend Char's Zhong Wen blog. She was my teammate when I was in Taiwan last year. Don't know if you remember me, but I found you through Soulcysters, and we had sent a few messages to eachother last year. Just thought it was cool that you found my friends blog too. Foreigners in Taiwan (specially Christians) have a small world, heh? Enjoy your time at home!
    -Hope

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've wanted to learn Chinese painting for a really long time too! When I first came to Yilan I visited a church that has such a class - but for old people. When I mentioned I'd be interested in joining the class they thought I was joking.. sigh...
    anyways, finally got to try it, and it's fun, but really challenging, especially since I haven't been writing Chinese all my life. Our biggest problem actually is finding a place with enough space to lay our paper out (with access to water) that won't attract a huge audience, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...