home again

Well, I am home again--the Taiwan home that is. :)



The last two days I sat in a meeting listening to a humble man of God who has started multiple streams of multi-generational self-reproducing churches in East Asia.  We were trained to do the same. 



Like the Father of the son who was possessed by evil spirits my heart cries, "I do believe!  Help my unbelief!" 



There are so many reasons why it can't be done here through me . . . why it doesn't make sense . . . why it is impossible.  But we serve a God for whom nothing is impossible.  How small my faith is! 



One of the things the trainer said during this training time is that we are responsible to scatter seeds.  The more we scatter, the more fruit we will see.  But if we scatter thinly or selectively, we obviously will see less fruit.  I don't scatter (share my faith) enough.  I must be more fervent in telling those I know the reason for my hope in Christ.



And . . . considering that less than 2% of the Taiwanese people know Christ as Savior . . . well, I can be pretty sure everyone I encounter everyday does not know the Great News.  Oh, may the truth of the lostness of the people around me give me strength to boldly proclaim the story of my Lord.



2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!
    You are right. I know you aren't the only Christian who doesn't share his/her faith enough. I, too, am one. Thanks for the reminder about scattering seed.
    And it's great to have you back. How was your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hong Kong is an amazing international city. I would love to be able to go back and visit it as a tourist. There was not much time for seeing the city this time. But since I live so close (less than a 1.5 hour flight), I can make going back an item on my "would like to do" list. Of course, Korea and Thailand and a whole bunch of other Asian countries are on that list too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...