the closer i get to the cross

There is safety in the distance; out of sight and out of mind
And life is unexamined out of fear for what I'll find
But once again in solitude my soul is unfilled
So I press through the crowd and I step toward the hill

The closer I get to the cross the more clearly I see
The holiness of You and the sinfullness in me
There's a beauty in the agony that draws me to this place
The closer I get to the cross the more amazed I am by grace



There are times I want to turn my head so I don't have to face the truth
Of everything you've done for me and what I've done to You
But here my eyes are opened and it breaks my heart to know
Just how deep the roots of all my failures go



Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, Blessed Lord
To the cross where Thou has died
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, Blessed Lord
To Thy precious bleeding side

This song ("The Closer I Get to the Cross") captures my heart's cry right now!!  I have listened to it over and over ever since I bought Palisade's selftitled CD. But you can listen to it (and four other songs) free if you download the file(s) from their website.



Our God is sheer mercy and sheer grace!!  Hallelujah!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...