back to school

Our spring semester started this Wednesday.  Our semester goes from the beginning of March to the first week of July.



This semester I am teaching:



  • Writing 4 (which is about the academic essay),


  • Business English Conversation 2 and 4 (two different 3 hour courses),


  • Public Speaking 2,


  • Songs, Chants, & Rhymes for English Teaching, and


  • Advanced English Conversation with American Movies. 


That makes a total of 16 teaching hours.  I then have a few office hours and other "at school" responsibilities.  But all in all, I can't complain.  I get paid to do what I love and it doesn't demand my every waking minute. :)



Below are some pictures of me and one of my classes taken last semester (when I was being observed by all the teachers in the department--in some pics you can see the other teachers in the back).



www.flickr.com





3 comments:

  1. RE the "wei ya" :
    Hi,
    I am sorry, I didn't know you that you left me a message.
    Try ( http://bookofclaire.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_bookofclaire_archive.html ) for the month of March and then check out the archive for the earlier month.
    My husband's family are from Taiwan, they immigrated to Canada when he was 1 years old. The last time we were in Taiwan was in April 04.
    Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Questions:
    1) Do all the classrooms at your school have LCD projectors?
    2) Is that a Christmas tree in the corner of the room???
    You look so professional! I'm so proud of your success and skills as a teacher (and jealous of your teaching not demanding every waking minute!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Claire: Thanks! I went and took a look and will visit again.
    @Mom: Actually . . . if you look closely, you'll see two LCD projectors in that room (one on the ceiling and one on a cart). All of our "Language Labs" and "Computer Labs" have LCD projectors mounted in the rooms. And there are 5 or 6 we can check out to set up in the other classrooms. I don't think I could teach without PowerPoint. (The only class I don't is my writing class.)
    Oh and to answer your 2nd question . . . yes, that is a Christmas tree. It has sat in that room everyday for the last year and a half with only one or two decorations. Don't know why it is there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...