valentine's day with the lover of my soul

Kenting
a picture of Kenting, originally uploaded by norachen



There is a missionary retreat center in Kenting, located in the southern part of Taiwan, called The Oasis.  An oasis is "a calm, pleasant place in the middle of somewhere busy and unpleasant."  What a great name for a retreat center!  And, that is where I am going to be for the next few days!



At the end of last semester, I was stressed and tired.  The end of my semester fell at the beginning of this year.  It was hard for me to ponder "newness" and a "fresh start" in the middle of the stress of grading exams and essays. So, I decided I needed a retreat--a personal, spiritual retreat--a date with God



So, I decided to schedule a few days at the Oasis to be able to spend long, uninterrupted time in prayer and worship, to be silent and listen to my Heavenly Father, to just be with the Lover of my soul.  When I choose the week, I soon realized I had selected the week that included Feb. 14th--Valentine's Day.  And this kinda made me happy.  What better way for me to spend that day than with the One who loves me most?



In addition to the articles I have read from the Discipleship Journal (links above), I found this personal retreat guide by girl talk mentioned on Solo Feminity.  But, besides those, I have not really planned too much.  So, I am going rather empty handed, but I am going excited and expectant. 



Would you please pray that God would help me be still before Him and draw me into a deeper intimacy with Him these next few days?  Thanks!!



2 comments:

  1. That title is so beautiful. I love the song Lover of My Soul. So pretty.
    I will be praying for you.
    BTW, I tagged you for a meme if you have the time and/or inclination for such a thing. It was a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a thought, to be able to schedule days to spend time alone with God! What a lovely spot, too! I'm praying right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...