thinking thankfully on thursdays

Screen00001



Here are the first seven things that pop into my head that I am thankful for today:



  • my mom--not only is she a great mom, she is also my best friend


  • the speed of the internet--which makes communicating with my mom (and others) very easy and cheap


  • my clothes dryer--went two years without one (what a difference!)


  • fresh flowers--they always make me smile


  • my new camera--old one died right before christmas


  • music--it makes spring cleaning so much more fun


  • decluttering!!--it makes me happy to release stuff :)


Ha!  Can I add an eighth?  I am thankful for being able to be thankful!!  I have so much to be thankful for--what a blessing!



Today, my heart is also shouting, "thank you, Daddy God, for being who you are!!"  This Psalm from David seems to capture my own heart's song:

Thank you! Everything in me says "Thank you!" Angels listen as I sing my thanks.  I kneel in worship facing your holy temple and say it again: "Thank you!" Thank you for your love, thank you for your faithfulness; Most holy is your name, most holy is your Word.  The moment I called out, you stepped in; you made my life large with strength.  When they hear what you have to say, God, all earth's kings will say "Thank you."  They'll sing of what you've done: "How great the glory of God!" (Psalms 138:1-5)

YEA!!!!  What a great God we serve!!  Oh, how very different He is from the other gods!  So, very unique!  There is NONE other like Him!



2 comments:

  1. Seeing what you're thankful for reminds me of all the things I have to be thankful for!
    Hey, thanks for adding my blog to your links. I'll add yours to my links as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - the internet is marvelous - keeps me in contact with my homeland too :) I have voice over IP now so the calls to my mom are much cheaper.
    Oh and fresh flowers are great too:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...