my anonymity

anonymity is defined as
one that is unknown or unacknowledged.
when someone's name is not given or known.
匿名; 作者不詳.



My anonymity.  Right!  Like I have any!



Everywhere I go at school, I have students who are not in my classes shout out "hello Amanda."  When I lived in Meinong, the people across the street when I waited for the trash truck one day had an entire conversation about me . . . not behind my back, but right in front of me. I don't know these people . . . how do they know me?!?



I go to the train station in another town and run into someone I met when I was an exchange student.  I go with my students to eat chaw bing in downtown KH and run into someone I met once three months ago.  Then, this week, I was driving home from the store and one of my students passed me on a moped with her brother.  I know these people . . . but what are the chances?



And most recently, I made a foolish traffic decision on my moped.  And, while oncoming traffic wizzed by me on the left and the right . . . I heard someone say "hi Amanda."  Oh my.  I can't even make mistakes in the middle of an intersection without someone recognizing me!



Yes, that is right.  I have no anonymity.  None.  Zip.  Zilch.  Nada.  無.  沒有.  Nil.



And that is not necessarily a bad thing.   Just something I am not sure I will ever get used to.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...